Category 1

Missing “Virgin River” actor Stewart McLean found dead at 45 amid homicide investigation

Stewart McLean, the Canadian actor known for his work on such TV series asVirgin River,Arrow, andThe Irrational, has been found dead at 45 a week after going missing.

Entertainment Weekly Stewart McLeanCredit: Lions Bay Search and Rescue

Canada's Integrated Homicide Investigation Team announced Friday that McLean's remains had been located in the Lions Bay area of British Columbia,according to PEOPLE.

McLean had been reported missing May 18, three days after he was last seen at his home in Lions Bay. At the time, the Squamish Royal Canadian Mounted Police said they were "very concerned for Stewart's health and well-being."

Advertisement

On Thursday, authorities announced that McLean's case was being treated as a homicide investigation. "Squamish RCMP initiated an investigation and, through investigative efforts, uncovered evidence that led investigators to believe Mr. McLean was victim of homicide," they said in a statement. IHIT assumed conduct of the investigation Wednesday.

Ina heartfelt Facebook postFriday, McLean's talent agency remembered him as "dedicated, professional, eager, and endlessly funny," as well as "a truly great guy."

This is a developing story and will be updated…

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Missing “Virgin River” actor Stewart McLean found dead at 45 amid homicide investigation

Stewart McLean, the Canadian actor known for his work on such TV series asVirgin River,Arrow, andThe Irrational, has been found dead at...
Prince Edward and Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh Share Rare New Portrait Ahead of Overseas Visit

A new portrait of Prince Edward and Duchess Sophie was released ahead of their upcoming visit to Portugal

People Prince Edward and Duchess Sophie pictured in their newest portraitCredit: Millie Pilkington, UK In Portugal/Instagram

NEED TO KNOW

  • The couple’s trip will celebrate the U.K. and Portugal’s 640-year-old Treaty of Windsor

  • The portrait was taken by Millie Pilkington, a photographer who has worked with the royal family multiple times

Prince EdwardandDuchess Sophieare stepping into the spotlight with a newly released portrait that has royal fans excited.

The striking new image of the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh was shared ahead of the couple’s upcoming visit to Portugal, where they are set to celebrate the longstanding relationship between the U.K. and Portugal, the British Embassy Lisbon said in a social mediaposton Thursday, May 21.

The trip will also include celebrating the 640th anniversary of the Treaty of Windsor, the social media post said.

“From Lisbon to Porto, Their Royal Highnesses will meet students and community organisations, visit historic sites, and showcase shared priorities including youth opportunity, sport inclusion, and Women, Peace and Security,” the post continued.

Ahead of the three-day trip that is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 1, the portrait shows Sophie leaning against Edward as the couple smiles softly for the camera.

The new photo was taken by a photographer, Millie Pilkington, who has worked with the Royal Family on several occasions.

Advertisement

Their new portrait comes after the couple was seen in a rare group portrait to honor what would have beenQueen ElizabethII's 100th birthday.

At the center of the image stoodKing Charles, 77, alongside 78-year-old wifeQueen Camilla.

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Also featured werePrince WilliamandPrincess Kate, with William standing as the only one of Queen Elizabeth’s eight grandchildren currently serving as a full-time working royal. Charles’ siblings,Princess Anneand Edward, appeared in the portrait as well, joined by Sophie.

Former Prince Andrewwas absent from the lineup as he was stripped of his royal duties in 2019 amid controversy surrounding his ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Read the original article onPeople

Prince Edward and Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh Share Rare New Portrait Ahead of Overseas Visit

A new portrait of Prince Edward and Duchess Sophie was released ahead of their upcoming visit to Portugal NEED TO KNOW ...
Kyle Busch Celebrated Son Brexton's 11th Birthday in Final Instagram Post Before His Death: 'Love You Buddy!'

Kyle Busch wished his son a happy 11th birthday just days before his death at 41 years old

People Kyle Busch with his wife and sonCredit: Samantha Busch/Instagram

NEED TO KNOW

  • The NASCAR champion shares two children, son Brexton and daughter Lennix, with his wife Samantha

  • His family announced his passing hours after saying he was suffering from a severe illness

Kyle Buschcelebrated his oldest child’s birthday just days before his death.

On Thursday, May 21, the two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion died hours after his family announced he was hospitalized with a "severe illness." He was 41 years old.

Prior to his death, the sports star, who shared two children with his wifeSamantha Busch—Brexton Locke, 11, andLennix Key, 4 — was surrounded by his loved ones as they rang in Brexton’s 11th birthday on Monday, May 18.

“Happy Birthday Brexton!!!” Kyle wrote in asocial media tributeto his firstborn.

“Your mom & I are so proud of who you’re turning out to be!” the proud dad continued. “You’re the best kid on & off the track, you amaze us every day. Keep doing what you’re doing and there is no limit to what you’ll accomplish! Love you buddy!”

His Instagram carousel began with a group photo of him and Samantha, 39, standing with their two kids on a racetrack for a sports car-themed celebration.

Brexton held up a trophy, much like his dad has done over the years, while his little sister held a checkered flag. Kyle and Samantha each held their fingers up, symbolizing “No. 1” as they all smiled for the photo op.

Another image showed a baby Brexton standing in his father’s lap in a mini go-kart.

Samantha also shared sweet family moments from Brexton’s special day.

“11 years of loving you, cheering you on, and trying to figure out how you grew up this fast,” she captioned anInstagram post. “Happy birthday to my sweet boy. Watching you become this driven, funny, kind-hearted little man has been the greatest gift. So proud of you every single day, Brex.”

Advertisement

From a young age, Brexton had been known to follow in his father’s footsteps.

In October 2023, his mom and dad uploaded a jointInstagrampost after their Brexton won a race at Millbridge Speedway.

"Congrats Brexton we are so proud of you!" they wrote. "For being so young you put in so much effort watching film, testing, asking questions, siming and it’s paid off! We love to watch you accomplish your dreams!"

On May 10, Kyle also marked Lennix's 4th birthday and Mother's Day with a thoughtfulInstagrampost.

"My girls deserve the spotlight today. 💕," he began alongside a photo of the family of four posing together. "Happy Mother’s Day to Samantha and my Mom! Thank You both for the love, patience, strength, and everything you pour into our family every single day."

He added, "And Happy Birthday to our crazy Lennix. You keep us laughing, keep us on our toes, and somehow make every day brighter at the same time. I’m lucky to do life with you girls. Love you all more than you know!! 😘."

Follow your favorite athletes on and off the field withPEOPLE's free sports newsletter— sign up now!

His family did not disclose the nature of Kyle’s “severe illness" on Thursday, but his death came hours after the announcement.

"On behalf of the Busch family, everyone at Richard Childress Racing and all of NASCAR, we are devastated to announce the sudden and tragic passing of Kyle Busch," the jointstatementfrom NASCAR, the Busch family and Richard Childress Racing read.

Read the original article onPeople

Kyle Busch Celebrated Son Brexton's 11th Birthday in Final Instagram Post Before His Death: 'Love You Buddy!'

Kyle Busch wished his son a happy 11th birthday just days before his death at 41 years old NEED TO KNOW The NASCAR...
Lupita Nyong'o responds to racist criticism of her being cast as Helen of Troy in “The Odyssey”

Actress Lupita Nyong'o will portray Helen of Troy in Christopher Nolan's upcoming retelling of The Odyssey.

Entertainment Weekly Lupita Nyong'o in 2024Credit: Julien M. Hekimian/Getty

Key Points

  • She has faced racist criticism from Elon Musk and others.

  • The Oscar-winning actress explained that "you can't perform beauty."

Lupita Nyong'ohas responded to the racist criticism about her being cast in the iconic role of Helen of Troy in directorChristopher Nolan's upcoming version ofThe Odyssey.

And her take is quite simple: "This is a mythological story," she said in an interview published Thursday onElle.

"I'm very supportive of Chris's intention with it and with the version of this story that he is telling. Our cast is representative of the world," she said. "I'm not spending my time thinking of a defense. The criticism will exist whether I engage with it or not."

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

In just one example, Tesla co-founderElon Muskcommented on and shared opinions that Nyong'o shouldn't be part of the cast. He even claimed on social media that Nolan did it because he "wants the awards."

Musk also said the director had "lost his integrity."

Lupita Nyong'o in OctoberCredit: Gilbert Flores/Variety via Getty

The hosts ofThe Viewthenhit back. "I don't know if you realize this," Whoopi Goldberg said, "Lupita is also considered one of the world's most beautiful women. So, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You don't actually have to go to the movie."

Advertisement

In the new interview, the Oscar winner explained her philosophy on playing the character described as the most beautiful woman in Greece in the tale adapted from Homer's ancient Greek poem.

"You can't perform beauty. I want to know who a character is," Nyong'o said. "What is beyond beauty? What is beyond looks? That's the thing about doing such a well-known text, which has been studied and interpreted and derived from. The research could be endless. The good thing about working with a writer like Chris is that it's on the page. The investigation starts with the pages you're given. That's what I based it on."

Nolan, the director of epic stories such asOppenheimer,Inception, andInterstellar, has put Nyong'o in good company, with a cast that also includes Matt Damon; Anne Hathaway; Tom Holland; Zendaya; Robert Pattinson; Charlize Theron; and Elliot Page.

That wasn't lost on Nyong'o, whose own credits include12 Years a Slave(for which she won her Oscar),Us,Black Panther, andStar Warsfilms.

"It's quite something to be a part ofThe Odyssey, because it is so grand. It spans worlds," the actress said. "So that's why the cast is what it is. We're occupying the epic narrative of our time."

The Odysseyarrives in theaters July 17.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Lupita Nyong'o responds to racist criticism of her being cast as Helen of Troy in “The Odyssey”

Actress Lupita Nyong'o will portray Helen of Troy in Christopher Nolan's upcoming retelling of The Odyssey . Key Points ...
Vanessa Trump, ex-wife of Donald Jr., reveals cancer diagnosis

Vanessa Trump, the ex-wife of Donald Trump Jr.,revealed on Instagramthat she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

USA TODAY

"While this isn't news anyone expects, I'm working closely with my medical team on a treatment plan," Trump, 48, posted.

She said that she had "a procedure earlier this week" and thanked her doctors.

Advertisement

DORAL, FLORIDA - MAY 03: Kai and Vanessa Trump arrive at the course during the final round of the Cadillac Championship 2026 at Trump National Doral Miami on May 03, 2026 in Doral, Florida. (Photo by Cliff Hawkins/Getty Images)

"I am staying focused and hopeful while surrounded by the love and support of my family, my kids, and those closest to me," Trump said.

She also thanked her followers for their kindess and support, while asking for privacy as she focuses on her recovery.

Vanessa Trump and Donald Trump Jr. had five children together. They were married in 2005 and divorced in 2018. She has been dating pro golfer Tiger Woods.

This article originally appeared on NorthJersey.com:Vanessa Trump, ex-wife of Donald Jr., reveals cancer diagnosis

Vanessa Trump, ex-wife of Donald Jr., reveals cancer diagnosis

Vanessa Trump, the ex-wife of Donald Trump Jr.,revealed on Instagramthat she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. "While th...
Vanessa Trump, 48, Announces Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Reveals She Underwent Procedure Earlier This Week

Vanessa Trump announced she has been diagnosed with breast cancer

People Vanessa Haydon Trump on July 26, 2018 in New York City.Credit: Alec Tabak - Pool/Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • She shared that she underwent a recent procedure in her announcement

  • She expressed gratitude for her medical team and support from her family including her five children

Vanessa Trumprevealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Vanessa, who shares five children with ex-husband Donald Trump Jr., announced her diagnosis in a "personal health update" she shared onInstagramon Wednesday, May 20.

"I've recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. While this isn't news anyone expects, I'm working closely with my medical team on a treatment plan," Vanessa, 48, wrote.

She shared her gratitude to the doctors who performed a procedure on her "earlier this week."

Vanessa Trump and her kidsCredit: Vanessa Trump/Instagram

"I am staying focused and hopeful while surrounded by the love and support of my family, my kids, and those closest to me," she wrote. Vanessa sharesfive childrenwith her ex-husband: Kai, 19; Donald, 17; Tristan, 14; Spencer, 13; and Chloe, 11.

"Thank you for your kindness and support it truly means more than I can express. I kindly ask for privacy as I focus on my health and recovery," Vanessa wrote.

Advertisement

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

The news of the diagnosis comes after her boyfriend,Tiger Woods,completed a six-week treatmentstint out of the countryto seek treatment after hiscar crash and DUI charge. Woods was charged with DUI charge and a charge for refusal to submit to a urine test. He pleaded not guilty to both charges on March 31, according to documents obtained by PEOPLE on April 1.

The professional golfer, 50, returned to his home in Jupiter, Fla., on Wednesday, May 13.

“Tiger took his trip seriously and is all about continuing his recovery and putting this chapter behind him,” a source in Jupitertold PEOPLE on May 17.

“Vanessa and Tiger are in love, still serious, and happy to see each other,” the source told PEOPLE, adding that Vanessa “is eager to help him continue with his progress and move beyond any more public scandals — which they both dislike intensely.”

Read the original article onPeople

Vanessa Trump, 48, Announces Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Reveals She Underwent Procedure Earlier This Week

Vanessa Trump announced she has been diagnosed with breast cancer NEED TO KNOW She shared that she underwent a rec...
Nicholas Galitzine celebrated the end of playing He-Man with a 'disgusting' cheat meal after eating 5,000 calories a day while training

Nicholas Galitzine plays He-Man in next month's Masters of the Universe.

Entertainment Weekly Nicholas Galitzine stars as He-Man in 'Masters of the Universe'Credit: Giles Keyte/Amazon MGM Studios

Key Points

  • The actor has said that he ate up to 5,000 calories per day and worked out constantly to bulk up.

  • When he was done filming, Galitzine says he was told by the director of his next project to eat as much as he wants.

Nicholas Galitzineworked brutally hard to achieve the physique needed to star in this summer'sHe-Man, which he did. Then he was ready to celebrate.

"I was so mentally ready to eat something disgusting," the 31-year-old actor toldPEOPLEat the movie's premiere Monday in L.A. "I want to say I had a combination of sushi and pizza, and I just was like, 'Give it. Give it all to me.' So no, it wasn't hard to go there. Given the fact that my next director did not want me to look like He-Man for his movie, he said, 'Eat as much as you want and stop working out.'"

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

That was a big lifestyle change for Galitzine, who ate up to5,000 caloriesper day alongside constant workouts leading up to filming to add bulk.

His reward, then, was everything that he'd hoped.

"Better," Galitzine said. "Food is everything to me. It truly is."

Nicholas Galitzine at the 'Masters of the Universe' premiere May 18Credit: Jesse Grant/Variety via Getty

TheBottomsactor had previouslytold PEOPLEthat bulking up was "the hardest thing I've ever done."

Advertisement

But his work paid off big.

In April, the film's director, Travis Knight, explained toEntertainment Weeklythat he'd been stunned when he laid eyes on Galitzine after not seeing him for a few weeks.

"He was training on set as we were in prep," Knight said. "And when I saw him again, I was like, holy s---. I couldn't believe how much he had changed. He had put on so much muscle in such a short period of time. Sometimes I'll look at photos back when I first met him, and it looks like a totally different dude."

The muscles were needed not only because the character — which began as an '80s toy — had to defend his home, Castle Grayskull, but because He-Man requires a barely-there ensemble.

"It's a peculiar thing," Galitzine said, "being in a miniskirt and harness while everyone's fully dressed in puffer jackets and whatnot."

Masters of the Universearrives in theaters June 5.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Nicholas Galitzine celebrated the end of playing He-Man with a 'disgusting' cheat meal after eating 5,000 calories a day while training

Nicholas Galitzine plays He-Man in next month's Masters of the Universe . Key Points The actor has said that h...

 

JAST MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com